Saturday, December 14, 2013

Decorating & Food

I wish that I would have taken pictures of the rooms we decorated, but I forgot. The cookie exchange was at the church. We moved all the couches and chairs from the lobby into the R.S. room to make it more homey. I moved the churches Christmas tree and some other festive decorations in there too. I hung snowflakes from the ceiling and we played Christmas music.

For the food
A dinner was served that included soup (clam chowder, chicken wild rice,) salad, rolls, a beverage and cookies for dessert. This is the only picture I got of the food table. I made the cookie monster from materials I found at the Dollar Tree.


 Here is the Chicken Wild Rice soup recipe I made. I used 1 cup of dry wild rice blend. I cooked the rice first, added 3 cups of water with bouillon cubes and everything else in the recipe.

The Clam Chowder recipe came from my Salty's cookbook. You'll have to contact me for that.

Here is a link to the ranch dressing recipe I used.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment